COMING ATTRACTIONS

movies i want to watch:
grind house
black book
the namesake

maybe movie hop:
black snake moan
the host
the astronaut farmer

Monday, December 26, 2005

brokeback mountain

even if you haven’t loved ang lee’s movies, you have to respect him for the quality and variety of films that he’s been able to make. his movies always have great direction, great acting, and are generally quality productions. brokeback mountain will probably drive him to multiple awards but i was expecting a bit more. you would think a film about semi-gay cowboys would a shoo-in for emotional impact, but i thought there wasn’t enough in the film to make you see exactly why these two men loved each other. despite that fact, the movie captures your attention all the way through.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haven't had a chance to see the last four you reviewed...

I haven't done it yet myself, but given I am out of town half the week - but are you able to grab someone to watch the movie with or do you ride solo... I haven't done it because the thought actually just occurred to me, but I was just checking to see if you did...

jon said...

i go solo if i can or if nobody else is available to watch it with. i love watching solo movies actually.

but for brokeback i made sure to take as many guy friends with me as possible. it's a dude-flick. but not really.