COMING ATTRACTIONS

movies i want to watch:
grind house
black book
the namesake

maybe movie hop:
black snake moan
the host
the astronaut farmer

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

mirrormask

despite a less than captivating story, mirrormask is such a unique experience that to fault it for plotting seems to be complaining that works of art aren't accompanied by enough informational text. mirrormask is the work of "sandman" creator neil gaiman and his longtime artistic collaborator dave mckean -- with help from jim henson's creature shop. mirrormask follows in the tradition of "labyrinth" and "the dark crystal" to tell a tale of escape from the mundanity of everyday life to the excitement of a fantasy one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

never even knew this existed... I'm pretty sure I'm going to check it out... interestingly enough, neil gaiman has crossed my path a few times... sandman being one, then googling my name to find it appear on neil's website (but it was not me, it was someone else with my name) and now this...

I'll be marking this in my thrice coincidence book. if I ever start one, that is...